Dear Pathway Friends and Families:
The beginning of a new school year is always an exciting time. This is especially true at The Pathway School where there is a LOT to be excited about this year. For the 2019-2020 school year we are:
- Opening a new, state-of-the-art Innovation Center – a tech-enabled facility that will offer all Pathway students classes and experiences based in STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. In addition, our students will gain experience in video production and eSports, too.
- Rolling out the “Boys Town” model for proactively managing behavior and teaching social skills in our Emotional Support program.
- Expanding upon our implementation of Positive Behavior Supports that (positively) impact every Pathway student.
- Piloting a school-wide Trauma Informed Care initiative that is in sync with best practices regarding student well-being.
- Partnering with local institutions on research projects that will benefit our students and families.
- Expanding our Drama program to include more ‘in-the-community’ performance opportunities.
- Adding ten new staff positions to better address the academic, behavior, and clinical needs of our students.
While there is much new at Pathway, I can assure you that many of the things you have come to rely on about Pathway remain in place. The Pathway School is always evolving, yet we remain committed to our long standing ideals of: providing a truly individualized education; offering experiential learning opportunities in a caring; supportive environment; and preparing our students for their lives after Pathway.
We look forward to welcoming 170 students back to school this September with the likelihood of additional students joining us as the year progresses!
Thank you for your interest in and your support of The Pathway School.
David J. Schultheis
President and Chief Executive Officer